In a lot of cases, the graduates of the Department of International Relations and European Integration have been able to build on a solid foundation important and successful carriers in multilateral and intergovernmental/non-governmental organisations, in local and national government, in embassies, in the business area or in the media realm. DIREI, as the first post-university academic institution dedicated to elite training in political sciences, public administration and international relations field, played an essential international role in preparing the future professionals both at a national level, but even more important on the international scene.
We present you some names of our Alumni who managed to become important voices and representatives in their activity domains:
- Sorin Ducaru, NATO`s Assistant Secretary General for Emerging Security Challenges;
- Anda Filip, international civil servant at the UN – Permanent Observer of the Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU);
- Ireny Comaroschi, Ambassador of Romania to the Kingdom of The Netherlands;
- Emil Druc, Ambassador of Moldova in Sweden;
- Radu Mircea Popescu, ex-State Secretary in the Ministry of Internal Affairs, Deputy General Director of the Pool for Insurance against Natural Disasters (PAID);
- Angela Cristea, ex-spokeswoman – EC delegation in Romania;
- Ioan Tudor, international civil servant at the UN, The Hague;
- Lucian Fatu, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Romania to Greece;
- Ioan Jinga, Ambassador of Romania to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland;
- Silvia Stancu (Davidoiu), Ambassador of Romania to Austria;
- George Niculescu, NATO`s Headquarters, International Secretariat, Brussels;
- Valentin Florea, Ambassoador of Romania in the Oriental Republic of Uruguay;
- Sergiu Vintila, member of the Romanian delegation to NATO, Brussels;
- Silviu Jipa, diplomatic adviser within the Embassy of Romania to Finland;
- Marius Hîrte, ex-director within the Ministry of Foreign Affairs; currently European civil servant within the General Secretariat of the Council of the European Union;
- Iurie Renita, Ambassador of Republic of Moldova in Romania;
- Igor Munteanu, Ambassador of Republic of Moldova in USA and Canada.
Moreover, the value of our academic community is complemented by the personalities NUPSPA conferred the degree of Doctor Honoris Causa as a way of honouring the distinguished contributions in the European Studies/International Relations field in specific and to society and world in general.